An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right person to join us, to make a real difference as party organiser in the Wells constituency, which is a key target seat nationally for the Liberal Democrats.
We have a prominent former MP, numerous local councillors and a strong membership with many committed activists.
We require a Campaign Organiser to be key member of our team, leading our campaigning in support of our goal to have a Liberal Democrat re-elected as our MP and to increase our representation on local councils.
Closing Date: 4th December 2020
Job Title: Campaign Organiser, Wells Liberal Democrats
Location: Wells Constituency (Somerset) / working from home
Hours. 40 per week with 20 days ‘paid holiday per year plus Bank Holidays or pro rata. Days off in lieu will be awarded if an election campaign necessitates working through a bank holiday.
Salary: £By negotiation, subject to skills and experience.
You will be joining our team at an important time as we head into the Local Election campaign for May 2021.
This contract will be permanent subject to an initial three-month probationary period.
Further information, a job description and person specification document are available from Rosemary Hasler on 01934 712264 / 07866 760329 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Your letter of application should be returned with your CV, explaining why you believe you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com.
This post is offered as a full-time post, or could be split into two jobs. Please indicate whether you are interested in only full or only part time working, or if you would consider either.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place from the second week in December.
The role requires a flexible self-starter and supporter of Liberal Democrat views, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Proactively developing the use and implementation of Social Media strategies to further and market the aims of the Wells constituency party
- To advise and provide co-ordination for party representatives on political matters relevant to the Constituency
- To ensure that the Constituency is compliant with relevant financial, election, data protection and relevant legislation
- Supporting election campaigns for local candidates including timely completion and submission of nomination papers, production of compliant election material, oversight of election spending,
- To initiate political activity in all areas of the Constituency
- To initiate membership recruitment drives in co-operation with the Membership Secretary
- Stakeholder engagement and representing the Party at relevant meetings
- To ensure that tasks for which the job holder is responsible are completed to a high quality, on time and in budget